Who We Are
David Vaughan Investments, LLC (DVI) is proud of its Associates. We are an exceptional team of investment professionals who are bright, creative, hardworking, and have a passion for what we do. Every day we focus on serving our valued clients’ best interests, and it is all accomplished within a team-based approach where mutual respect and integrity serve at its core.
Who We Want
DVI is currently looking for an experienced Accounting/Compliance Associate to join our team and provide support to other DVI Associates in both the Accounting and Compliance Departments.
The ideal candidate has strong problem-solving skills, values being part of a team, and consistently demonstrate integrity in all actions. Efficiency and organization are critical to this work. The position requires multitasking, maintain complex schedules, and managing administrative support, so technical thinking is essential. Assuring a steady completion of workload, especially adhering to deadlines, is essential to success in this position.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years or more of related Accounting/Compliance support experience and/or training.
- Proven project management and administrative skills are necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively partner with other DVI Associates.
What to Expect
- Prepare and maintain Assets Under Management and Net Gain/Loss reports and distribute as directed.
- Support the administration of the DVI Accounts Payable process, the DVI Corporate Credit Card, and the paper inventory.
- Help maintain records of Employee Reimbursements and corresponding journal entries into QuickBooks.
- Assist in Treasury functions, such as bank deposits and associated journal entries.
- Support the DVI client billing process, including setup and application changes.
- Collaborate with Internal Accountant on foundation accounting and 5823 NFPD LLC bookkeeping.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in preparing and processing payroll, including monitoring benefit changes.
- Prepare financial and operation reports, including analyzing results, in collaboration with the Accounting Manager.
- Assist with all corporate governance matters, filings, and submissions; with all compliance and risk management policies and procedures.
- Support Associates’ adherence to all compliance policies to mitigate potential risks.
- Aid in administering compliance and internal controls assessment, tools, and testing programs.
- Help coordinate all regulatory inquiries and examination requests.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of all compliance-related rules, regulations, policies, and industry trends; help coordinate internal communication of trends and updates to all Associates.
- Assist in the administration of all business insurance coverages.
- Support other department projects and complete assigned tasks as needed.
About David Vaughan Investments
DVI is a team of 41 experienced investment professionals that provide asset management services and wealth management solutions to both high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors. For over 45 years, DVI has employed a Quiet Quality approach to investment management: people of integrity, acting solely in their clients’ best interests. Currently, we have over 1,300 clients, and approximately $4.5 billion in Assets Under Advisement through our offices in Peoria, Illinois, and Winter Park, Florida. In the fall of 2017, DVI formed a partnership with Morton Community Bank, creating one of the largest privately held financial institutions in downstate Illinois.
5823 North Forest Park Drive
Peoria, IL 61614-3500
At DVI, we want to provide a working environment that is attractive to our entire team. Consistent with our long-term client focus, we aim to attract and retain the best Associates possible, and our benefits program is instrumental in this goal. We provide industry-competitive salaries and incentive plan opportunities, a generous profit sharing 401(k) plan, health insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability programs, and paid time off programs. In addition, partnership status among our very top performers is also a realistic consideration.
If you appreciate a work environment that truly lives its values, please consider DVI as an employer that consistently provides Quiet Quality.